Rapids FC Juniors – Spring 2021
4/23, 4/30, 5/7, 5/21, 5/28
Time: 5-6pm – please arrive at least 15 minutes early at thee field week 1.
Location: Cornerstone University
1001 E Beltline Ave NE Grand Rapids MI 49525 United States
The practice field is on the far south Bradford Street side of the campus and can be accessed via Bradford St NE or East Beltline directly opposite Frederic Meijer Gardens’ entrance.
Park in any lot EXCEPT E Or F
Cost: $60 which includes 5 weeks of training, a ball, water bottle and Rapids Juniors t-shirt. Please bring your phone to pay by Venmo (preferable) or Paypal, cash or check the first week.
Juniors Program Information
Rapids Juniors is in its eighth year and focuses on introducing young players, ages 3-9, to the game of soccer and teaching basic skills. This is a great way to introduce young athletes to Rapids FC as they develop a love for the game and prepare for future club teams at Rapids. If you know of a player that may be interested, please pass along the info to another up and coming soccer star! Many of our former Juniors players are now in teams at Rapids, including some of our High School players!
If your player is older than 9 and also interested in getting started in soccer, we may be able to help too – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to talk options to start as a training only player with one of our teams.
We will run five sessions and each session will be run by Rapids FC coaches, and assisted by current players from our Rapids older teams. The focus of this program is to build a solid foundation of skills for these young players, and to ignite a love for the game. Players are split up by age in small groups to promote maximum touches on the ball and a fun atmosphere with plenty of attention from their coach.
- Masks are mandatory for all players, parents and staff. Please don’t make us ask, it’s not fun for anyone! Please maintain social distancing on the sidelines.
- If you or your player has any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not attend practices.
- Please wear suitable athletic clothing for playing soccer outdoors on grass. Sneakers or cleats(best).
- Dress for the weather – layers work best if it’s chilly.
- We apologize, but no refunds will be given due to weather-based cancellation. If we have a thunderstorm, the session will be cancelled for safety reasons. Also sometimes field conditions mean the facility makes us cancel a session, but generally, we play rain or shine.
- We know that some of our youngest players can be a little shy! Feel free to help us out if they are struggling 🙂
- All players born 2015 or older are eligible to come tryout for a full Rapids FC team this June 14th/15th.
- Rapids FC staff and coaches will be on hand to chat to if you have any questions.
Registration is now available by submitting the form to the left (desktop view).
Registration fees of $60/player should be mailed to the address below, or brought to the first session.
6757 Cascade Road #252
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Dicks Sporting Goods is the Official Sponsor of Rapids Juniors