Winter 1 Program Information
This program takes place at the Mary Free Bed YMCA.
Birth Years: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013: 6:15pm – 7:20pm
Birth Years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008: 7:25pm – 8:30pm
Sunday Jan 19th – No Session
Sunday Jan 26th – Skills & Fitness
Sunday Feb 2nd – Skills & Fitness
Sunday Feb 9th – Co-ed Futsal Tournament
Sunday Feb 16th – Co-ed Futsal Tournament
Things to Note
- Absolutely no using, climbing or sitting on any machines or equipment at the YMCA – this includes the basketball hoops on the courts. Please inform your player of this and to respect the facility at all times.
- Please arrive in good time at least 5 minutes before your time. We cannot access the facility until YMCA staff have checked it is empty of it’s clients, so families can wait in the lobby until a member of Rapids staff lets you proceed.
- Parents are welcome to watch from outside the courts.
- Only indoor shoes allowed, no cleats please.
- Please wear your Rapids FC training gear.
- Wear shin guards.
- Bring water and a ball.
- Over 160 players have signed up for Winter 1, 2 or both programs, so your assistance in making sure your player is correctly equipped, on time and ready to practice would be greatly appreciated.
Futsal Tournament (The Rapids FC World Cup)
Weeks 4 and 5 of the program are a Futsal based small sided tournament. We want this tourney to be as fun and competitive for everyone as possible and it’s a great chance for our players to play with new teammates and tryout their skills in a competitive but low pressure environment. While players will not be in their regular season teams, they will be with similarly aged players as much as possible, and we expect all of our players to act with absolute respect, and be supportive to their new teammates at all times.
Teams for the Futsal tournament, brackets and game times will follow once we have formed teams.
- Results will be recorded and finals played in the 5th week of the program.
- All scores will be entered on the Rapids FC website and sent out via email.
- Each team will be given an international team name for the duration of the tournament e.g. Brazil, England, France etc.
- Each team will be co-ed and consist of a number of players from the same or close birth years.
Rapids FC Winter 2
Sunday Feb 23rd – Skills & Fitness
Sunday Mar 1st – Skills & Fitness
Sunday Mar 8th – Skills & Fitness
Sunday Mar 15th – Co-ed Futsal Tournament
Sunday Mar 22nd – Co-ed Futsal Tournament
Who Can Attend?
Winter Training is free as part of your annual fees for all of our full year GVSA teams, U8-U15. Anyone from those teams may participate in either or both programs, but must register for both in advance. This years training is more of a commitment and we expect players to show up as frequently as possible in order to have a successful program. This is especially important during the two weeks of futsal.